Friday, May 30

Oatmeal - It doesn't have to be tasteless!


Oftentimes people at work give me a hard time when they see me eating my oatmeal every morning. They comment on how gross it is, how it tastes like cardboard, etc. Well, below you will find a list of "add-ins" for your oatmeal. It can really be a decadent dessert, hearty flavorful breakfast or snack any time of the day.

  • Dried fruit - raisins, apricots, cranberries, etc
  • Fresh fruit - apples, pears, peaches, banana, berries, mango, etc
  • Ground flax seed
  • Natural peanut butter and other nut butters
  • Spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, etc
  • Nuts - walnuts, almond slices, cashews, pecans, etc
  • Shredded coconut
  • Brown sugar, maple syrup, honey
  • Milk (cow, soy, almond, rice, coconut)
  • Pumpkin, butternut squash
  • Yogurt
  • Chocolate syrup
  • Various extracts - vanilla, lemon, almond, maple, etc
  • Various drink mixes - Hot chocolate mix, chai tea mix, spiced apple cider mix
  • Popcorn seasoning
  • Protein powder
  • Egg whites
  • Granola
  • Fruit preserves
  • Applesauce
  • Cottage cheese
  • Nutella
  • Fruit juice
  • Dark chocolate
  • Shredded vegetables (carrots, zucchini, etc)
  • Whipped topping
Don't be afraid to mix & match!

1 comment:

j3nn.net said...

Oooh, Nutella in oatmeal sounds fabulous. I love oatmeal, even plain. Only thing is, 1 serving doesn't fill me up. :( I need at least 2 or 3 servings to feel satisfied from it. Which adds up to quite a few calories LOL. That's why I don't eat it as often as I'd like to. It's so delicious though!