Tuesday, May 27

The "Ultimate" Weight Loss Guide

Someone over at The Daily Plate posted a link to an article entitled "The Ultimate Weight Loss Guide". Now, I'm always wary of articles like this because they are not very robust, usually only focusing on weight loss and sometimes even spread myths.

While doing 60min on a treadmill at work during my lunch break (3mph @ 2.0 incline), I decided to read this article, putting the other book I am currently reading, Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential on hold (this is my second time reading it - I definitely recommend it!). I was glad that I did, because I really enjoyed this article. I found that the author made a lot of good points and focused on overall health instead of just "quick weight loss fixes". It was also an interesting read - at 29pgs printed - it had to be to keep my attention, and it did.

I especially enjoyed the section on weight loss myths, as well as the discussions on how to calculate your calorie goal. I thought that it was written in layman's terms, which is great seeing that this article would definitely benefit individuals who are just starting off on their weight loss journey.

I must admit that there were some parts I didn't necessarily agree with, nor did I learn anything new from the article. But again, it was comprehensive, easy to understand and enjoyable, so I'd definitely recommend that anyone wanting to know more should take some time to read it in its entirety.

No comments: